Are you experiencing:
- Business processes that aren’t aligned with your ERP technology?
- Lack of institutional knowledge with systems and tools resulting in under-utilized software?
- Reporting complaints as a result of not being able to pull information out of Banner?
- Not leveraging efficiency tools such as imaging or workflow?
- Lack of effective governance and change management structure?
SIG’s Back-to-Basics (B2B) is an effective solution to help institutions return to baseline goals and better utilize Banner or Colleague functionality as designed. B2B provides the institution with an actional plan that reduces/eliminates the need for modifications by leveraging existing Banner features/functions/extensibility tools as designed, adjusting organizational processes, and utilize efficiency tools such as workflow and imaging.
This engagement can be accomplished in (2) weeks for most if not all functional areas (Student, Student AR, Financial Aid, HR-Payroll, Finance, and Advancement) for Banner and Colleague.
How SIG Can Help
SIG can help you to obtain consensus on vision for future state, prioritize the work, and develop a realistic improvement plan to better use the Banner or Colleague ERP.
- SIG will lead a data discovery using a series of surveys and conference calls.
- A one-day workshop that discusses current processes to discover what is working smoothly and efficiently and where improvements could be made resulting in significant gains. A review of baseline best practices representative of both SIG’s and Ellucian’s client base.
- Identification of gaps that exist between current processes and best practices to determine how the gaps may be addressed.
- Recognition of opportunities for improvement as both quick wins and longer-term projects to provide enhanced services and work efficiencies.
- Two days of functional consulting to implement the opportunities identified as quick wins and review other topics prioritized by staff members.
Back to Basics Results:
- Alignment with industry best-practices
- Consensus on moving forward
- Increased automation that leads to improved services to students, faculty, and staff, return on existing technology investment, productivity/savings
- Reduces complexity of cloud migration