California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice for Job Applicants
This Notice is for California job applicants, and it applies solely to those who are residents of California.
Categories of Personal Information Collected:
We may collect the following categories of personal information from job applicants:
- Identifiers: This includes your name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information: This includes your resume, cover letter, employment history, education history, and other information you provide in your job application.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: This includes information about your online presence and activity when you interact with our online job application systems.
- Sensitive personal information: This means personal information that reveals (1) Social Security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport numbers; (2) account login information, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with security or access code, password, or credentials needed to access an account; (3) a consumer’s precise geolocation; (4) a consumer’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (5) contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages, unless the business is the intended recipient; and (6) genetic information. Publicly available information is excluded. CC §1798.140(ae).
Purposes of Personal Information Collection:
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- Recruitment: To evaluate your qualifications for employment, conduct interviews, and make hiring decisions.
- Communication: To communicate with you regarding your application, schedule interviews, and provide updates about the status of your application.
- Compliance: To comply with legal obligations and regulations related to employment.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We may share your personal information with third parties, such as our service providers and government authorities, for the purposes described above. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Your Rights under CCPA:
As a California resident, you have the right to request access to your personal information, request deletion of your personal information, limit the use of your personal information and exercise other rights under the CCPA. To exercise your rights of erasure of your personal data under the right to be forgotten, please contact us at HR@sigcorp.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, including denying you employment, changing the terms of employment, or providing a different level or quality of employment.
SIG retains personal information from job applicants who were not hired for four (4) years. We keep applications of those hired for the duration of employment plus four years.
Changes to this Notice:
We may update this CCPA Notice for Job Applicants from time to time. If we make any material changes to this notice, we will notify you by posting a revised version on our website.
If you have any questions about this CCPA Notice for Job Applicants or our privacy practices, you can contact us at: Strata Information Group, 3935 Harney St Suite 203, San Diego, CA 92110, (800) 776-0111, HR@sigcorp.com.