Critical Defect – Ban Gen 8.1.6 affecting CPOS
Are your CPOS processes failing since you upgraded to Banner General 8.1.6? If yes, check out Ellucian’s published (2) workarounds.
- As a workaround one can re-migrate the older version gen81400u/java/transporter.jar back to the permanent directory, eg
- cd $BANNER_HOME/upgrades/gen81400u/java
- cp transporter.jar $BANNER_HOME/general/java
- ln -f $BANNER_HOME/general/java/transporter.jar $BANNER_HOME/links
If you want to work around these issues but only for the SFPCPOS process you can do these steps
- Locate this older General 8.14 transporter.jar file
- For example /u02/banner/upgrades/gen81400u/java/transporter.jar
- Now edit $BANNER_LINKS/sfpcpos.shl and find this line
- Change that line to point to the 8.14 version
- Now retest SFPCPOS from GJAPCTL and confirm it runs correctly.
If you have any questions about these workarounds, let us know how we can help!